W.Shakespeare's Party.





1st Compere: Dear guests, members of the teaching staff, students and lovers of the English language, we highly appreciate you came to join us. Today we offer excursion which will acquaint you with the epoch of Shakespeare.
                                                      Harlequin:
All the World's a Stage
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms;
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress1 eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin'd,
With eyes severe, and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well sav'd, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness, and mere oblivion,-
Sans teeth, sans taste, sans everything.


  1. He was not of an age and of all time.
  2. Він – поза часом.
  3. He is the most famous poet and playwright.
  4. Він – найбільш відомий поет і драматург у світі.
  5. This is William Shakespeare.
  6. Це – Вільям Шекспір.
  7. He wrote about love: the most victorious and eternal.
  8. Він писав про любов: любов вічну й всепереможну.
  9. Love… the most furious and pained.
  10. Любов … шалену і страждальну.
  11. Love … the most infinite and pure.
  12. Любов … безмежну і чисту.


 

Shakespeare. (запалює свічки, пише і думає)
«My dear friend, I decided to write the play «Romeo and Juliet» about love of two young people. This is the anthem of great feelings. Their families are the biggest enemies. The end of this play is unexpected.  Romeo and Juliet die. Now this play is very popular.



I-st Narrator: the moon shines in the garden with a light. Julliet was in the garden ((Romeo climbed over the wall into a garden of Juliet's house). She all this time thinking herself to be alone, exclaimed:
Juliet: Ah, me! О Romeo! Romeo! Why are you called Romeo? Leave your father and refuse your name and I will no longer be a Capulet. (слышен голос Romeo ).
Romeo. Oh my love! (Juliet подходит к нему) there is more danger in your eyes than in twenty of their swords, if you only look with kindness on me, lady, I'm safe from my enemies. I will be better that my life is ended by their hate, that I shall live without your love.
Juliet: How did you come into this place? Who guided you?
 Romeo: Love guided me.
Juliet: You have heard my words and this is true.
Nurse: (слышен голос) Juliet it is time for her fed. (Juliet уходит и возвращается )
Juliet: Romeo, if your love indeed is honorable, and you wish to marry me, I will send a messenger next day to fix a time for our marriage.
Romeo: I wish you sweet sleep and rest.


2d Compere:
The last half of the XVI and the beginning of the XVll centuries are known as the golden age of English literature. It was the time of the English Renaissance, and sometimes it is even called "the age of Shakespeare".
William Shakespeare, the greatest and most famous of English writers, and probably the greatest playwright who has ever lived, was born in Stratford-on-Avon. In spite of his fame we know very little about his life. The things that we know about Shakespeare's life begin with the date when he was baptised in the church of Stratford, on April 26, 1564, when he was only a few days old. So he
is believed to have been born on April 23.
Though little is known about William's childhood, there is every reason to believe that he was educated at the local Grammar School. When little over eighteen he married Anne Halthaway of Shottery.
2d speaker:
Sonnet 130
My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips’ red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound.
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.
 The Taming of the shrew.
Petruchio 
I will attend her here,
and woo her with some spirit when she comes.
Say that she rail; why then i'll tell her plain
she sings as sweetly as a nightingale.
Katharina
Good morrow, kate; for that's your name, i hear.
Katharina
well have you heard, but something hard of hearing:
they call me katharina that do talk of me.
Petruchio
You lie, in faith; for you are call'd plain Kate,
and bonny Kate and sometimes Kate the curst;
but Kate, the prettiest Kate in Сhristendom
Kate of Kate hall, my super-dainty Kate.
Katharina
 Oh moved at last! In good time: let him that moved you hither
remove you hence. I knew you at the first
you were a moveable.
Petruchio
Why, what's a moveable?
Katharina
A join'd-stool.
Petruchio
She guessed, come and sit on me.
Katharina
Asses are made to bear, and so are you.
Petruchio
Women are made to bear, and so are you.
Katharina
No such jade as you, if me you mean.
Petruchio
Come, come, you wasp; In fact you are too angry.

Katharina
If I be waspish, best beware my sting. And so farewell.
Petruchio
No no, come again,
Good Kate; I am a gentleman.
Katharina 
What is your crest? A coxcomb?
P
etruchio
A combless cock, so Kate will be my hen.
Katharina
No cock of mine; you crow too like a craven.
Petruchio
Nay, come, Kate, come; you must not look so sour.
Katharina
It is my fashion, when I see a crab. Had I a glass, I would show you.
Petruchio
What, you mean my face?
Katharina
Well aim'd of such a young one.
Petruchio
Now, by Saint George, I am too young for you.

Petruchio
No, hear you, Kate: in sooth you scape not so.
Katharina
I chafe you, if I tarry: let me go.
Petruchio
No, not a whit: I find you passing gentle.
Katharina
Go, fool, and whom thou keep'st command. Where did you study all this goodly speech?
Petruchio
It is extempore, from my mother-wit.


Katharina
A witty mother! Witless else her son.

Petruchio
Am I not wise?
Katharina
Yes, keep you warm.
Petruchio
Marry, so I mean, sweet Katharina, in your bed:
I’ll say simple: For I am he am born to tame you Kate,
And bring you from a wild Kate to a Kate
Conformable as other household Kates.
Here comes your father: never make denial,
I must and will have Katharina to my wife.

1st Compere:
William lived in Stratford until he was about twenty-one, when he went to London. We do not know why he left Stratford-on-Avon.
There is a story that Shakespeare's first job in London was holding rich men's horses at the theatre door. But nobody can be sure that this story is true.
Later, Shakespeare became an actor and a member of one of the chief acting companies. Soon he began to write plays for this company and in a few years became a well-known author.
One writer of that time said that Shakespeare liked a quiet life, he did not like drunken parties, and was not fond of being invited to the court. "If he was invited to the court, he was in pain."
3d speaker:
Sonnet XCI
Some glory in their birth, some in their skill,
Some in their wealth, some in their bodies' force,
Some in their garments, though new-fangled ill,
Some in their hawks and hounds, some in their horse;
And every humour hath his adjunct pleasure,
Where in it finds a joy above the rest:
But these particulars are not my measure;
All these I better in one general best.
Thy love is better than high birth to me,
Richer than wealth, prouder than garments' cost,
Of more delight than hawks or horses be;
And, having thee, of all men's pride I boast.
Wretched in this alone, that thou mayst take
All this away and me most wretched make.
2d Compere:
Shakespeare's experience as an actor (although he usually acted only small parts, like the Ghost in Hamlet) helped him greatly in the writing of his plays. His knowledge of the stage and his poetical genius made his plays the most wonderful ones ever written.
Shakespeare wrote 37 plays. Among them there are deep tragedies, such as Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, Macbeth, light comedies, such as The Merry Wives of Windsor, All's Well That Ends Well, Twelfth Night, Much Ado About Nothing, historical dramas, such as Henry IK Richard III.
Most of Shakespeare's plays were not published in his lifetime. So some of them may have been lost in the fire when the "Globe" burned down in 1613.
Shakespeare spent the last years of his life at Stratford, where he died in 1616. He was buried in the church of Stratford. A monument was erected to the memory of the great playwright in the Poet's Corner in Westminster Abbey.

Shakespeare`s Hamlet is a great tragedy. The  story of revenge, jealousy, power and money worship. The action takes place in Denmark and Norway.  It was the time of tyranny of kings, wars between brothers. The central part of this tragedy is love. So, can you hear the sound of the pipe? It is the sound of misfortune. The King from Elsynora died in a strange way. It is a mystery.
To be, or not to be (from Hamlet 3/1)
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.


Ophelia: How are you?
Hamlet: Fine, thank you.
Ophelia: I have some things of yours.
Hamlet: No, not me; I never gave you those.
Ophelia: You know you did. I am giving them back because their affections are gone. Please take them back.
Hamlet: Ha ha! Are you
innocent?
Ophelia: Excuse me?
Hamlet: Are you honest?
Ophelia: What do you mean?
Hamlet: How can you still be innocent when you are so beautiful?
Ophelia: What does beauty have to do with innocence ?
Hamlet: Beautiful people will eventually give in. I did love you once.
Ophelia: I believe you did.
Hamlet: You shouldn't have believed me.
Ophelia: I was deceived.
Hamlet: Go to a nunnery. Why would you be a breeder of sinners? I am honest, but I have done bad things. I am proud, revengeful and ambitious. We are all arrant knaves, do not believe any of us. Go to a nunnery. Where is your father?
Ophelia: At home, Hamlet.
Hamlet: If you're going to play the fool, do it in your own house.
Ophelia: Help him, dear lord!
Hamlet: If you get married, I will give you the plague as your wedding gift. Marry a fool when you are ready to. Wise men would see right through you. Go to a nunnery quickly. Farewell.
Ophelia: O heavenly powers, restore him!

Hamlet: Those who wear too much make-up are not as they seem. You joke, you don't make sense, and you baby-talk. You nickname God's creatures, and you make your lacking your ignorance. I will speak no more. No one from this point on will marry; if they are already married, they shall live that way. Go to a nunnery, go.

Ophelia: He's gone and with it his courtier's, soldier's, scholar's, eye, tongue, sword, and his right to the thrown. I feel like a wretch. I believed all of your sweet words. I don't believe we can get him back!
                                           



4th speaker:
When priests are more in word than matter;
When brewers mar their malt with water;
When nobles are their tailors' tutors;
No heretics burn'd but wenches' suitors;
When every case in law is right;
No squire in debt, nor no poor knight;
When slanders do not live in tongues;
Nor cutpurses come not to throngs;
When userers tell their gold i' the field;
And bawds and whores do churches build;
Then shall the realm of Albion
Come to great confusion:
Then comes the time, who lives to see 't,
That going shall be us'd with feet. (From King Lear)
   King lear scene with daughters

LEAR.
Attend the lords of France and Burgundy, Gloucester.
GLOU.
I shall, my lord.
Exit with Edmund.
LEAR.
Mean time we shall express our darker purpose.
Give me the map there. Know that we have divided
In three our kingdom; and ’tis our fast intent
To shake all cares and business from our age,
Conferring them on younger strengths.
Tell me, my daughters
Which of you shall we say doth love us most,
That we our largest bounty may extend
Where nature doth with merit challenge? Goneril,
Our eldest-born, speak first.
GON.
Sir, I love you more than words can wield the matter,
Dearer than eyesight, space, and liberty,
Beyond what can be valued, rich or rare,
No less than life, with grace, health, beauty, honor;
As much as child e’er lov’d, or father found;
A love that makes breath poor, and speech unable:
Beyond all manner of so much I love you.
COR.
Aside.
What shall Cordelia speak? Love, and be silent.
LEAR.
Of all these bounds, even from this line to this,
Be this perpetual. What says our second daughter,
Our dearest Regan, wife of Cornwall? Speak.
REG.
I am made of that self metal as my sister,
And prize me at her worth. In my true heart
I find she names my very deed of love;
Only she comes too short, that I profess
Myself an enemy to all other joys
Which the most precious square of sense possesses,
And find I am alone felicitate
In your dear Highness’ love.
COR.
Aside.
Then poor Cordelia!
And yet not so, since I am sure my love’s
More ponderous than my tongue.
LEAR.
To thee and thine hereditary ever
Remain this ample third of our fair kingdom,
Strive to be interess’d, what can you say to draw
A third more opulent than your sisters’? Speak.
COR.
Nothing, my lord.
LEAR.
Nothing?
COR.
Nothing.
LEAR.
Nothing will come of nothing, speak again.
COR.
Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave
My heart into my mouth. I love your Majesty
According to my bond, no more nor less.
LEAR.
How, how, Cordelia? Mend your speech a little,
Lest you may mar your fortunes.
COR.
Good my lord,
You have begot me, bred me, lov’d me: I
Return those duties back as are right fit,
Obey you, love you, and most honor you.
Why have my sisters husbands, if they say
They love you all? Happily, when I shall wed,
That lord whose hand must take my plight shall carry
Half my love with him, half my care and duty.
Sure I shall never marry like my sisters,
To love my father all.
LEAR.
But goes thy heart with this?
COR.
Ay, my good lord.
LEAR.
So young, and so untender?
COR.
So young, my lord, and true.
LEAR.
Let it be so: thy truth then be thy dow’r!
Here I disclaim all my paternal care,
Propinquity and property of blood,
And as a stranger to my heart and me
Hold thee from this forever.
Be as well neighbor’d, pitied, and reliev’d,
As thou my sometime daughter.
KENT.
Good my liege—
LEAR.
Peace, Kent!
Come not between the dragon and his wrath;
I lov’d her most, and thought to set my rest
On her kind nursery.
To Cordelia.
Hence, and avoid my sight!—
So be my grave my peace, as here I give
Her father’s heart from her.
KENT.
Royal Lear,
Whom I have ever honor’d as my king,
Lov’d as my father, as my master follow’d,
As my great patron thought on in my prayers—
LEAR.
The bow is bent and drawn, make from the shaft.
KENT.
Let it fall rather, though the fork invade
The region of my heart; be Kent unmannerly
When Lear is mad.
Thy youngest daughter does not love thee least,
Nor are those empty-hearted whose low sounds
Reverb no hollowness.
LEAR.
Kent, on thy life, no more.
KENT.
My life I never held but as a pawn
To wage against thine enemies, ne’er fear’d to lose it,
Thy safety being motive.
LEAR.
Out of my sight!
KENT.
See better, Lear, and let me still remain
The true blank of thine eye.
LEAR.
Now, by Apollo—
KENT.
Now, by Apollo, King,
Thou swear’st thy gods in vain.
LEAR.
O vassal! Miscreant!
Starts to draw his sword.
ALB. AND CORN.
Dear sir, forbear.
KENT.
Kill thy physician, and the fee bestow
Upon the foul disease. Revoke thy gift,
Or whilst I can vent clamor from my throat,
I’ll tell thee thou dost evil.
LEAR.
Hear me, recreant,
On thine allegiance, hear me!
This shall not be revok’d.
KENT.
Fare thee well, King; sith thus thou wilt appear,
Freedom lives hence, and banishment is here.

1st Compere:
The historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon is known as William Shakespeare's birthplace. It's also the home of the Royal Shakespeare Company, the world's finest classical theatre company. The first theatre in honour of Shakespeare at Stratford was founded by Charles Tower. In 1926, the theatre was destroyed by fire. Shakespeare lovers all over the world, particularly Americans, rebuilt the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre (now the Royal Shakespeare Theatre). The building was reopened in 1932. The company presents Shakespeare's works in a lively way so that today's audiences can enjoy his plays as much as audiences did in the 16th century. Its Shakespearian style of production attracts an international audience and from time to time, the company tours overseas.
5th speaker:
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
                                       


Our party was dedicated to the greatest and the most famous of English writers and probably, the greatest playwright who has ever lived, William Shakespeare.


Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Використання елементів STEM-освіти на уроках англійської мови.-виступ

10 Tips & Tricks, які зроблять ваші уроки більш інтерактивними.

Використовуйте графічні органайзери! Коли багато інформації про якусь тему, ідеальні павутини - чудовий спосіб організувати все це.